This recipe is sponsored by Two Twisted Girls, 7 Point Minds, A Better Bloom Health & Wellness, and Green Love Dispensary (Norman).
These vanilla cupcakes are the both sweet & tart, filled with an infused blueberry jam and topped with creamy lemon frosting. Yields 12-20 cupcakes depending on the size of your pan. Each cupcake should be around 5-10mg.
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 lemon wedge (no seeds)
- 120-150mg infused MCT oil (about 8-10 mL)
- 1 ½ C. oat milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 ¾ C. pastry flour
- 1 ½ C. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ C. coconut oil (melted – could also add a little infused oil)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. vegan butter
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Make blueberry filling at least 4 hours prior to baking: mix blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered on med-low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pull the lemon wedge out and discard. Add tincture and use a small blender to purée mixture. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Once filling has thickened, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place paper liners in cupcake or muffin tins. Melt coconut oil.
- Combine oat milk and vinegar/lemon juice in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Add milk and vinegar/lemon mixture, vanilla, and coconut oil to dry mix. Whisk until there are little to no lumps left in batter.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake 20-25 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, make frosting: Add vegan butter or coconut oil, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla to mixing bowl. Whisk on low-medium until smooth, avoid over-mixing. Add more lemon juice if dry, powdered sugar if runny. Refrigerate icing for 15-30 minutes if using coconut oil.
- Allow cupcakes to cool, then insert a straw about ½ way into the center of each cupcake to create a well for filling. Use piping bag or large syringe to fill each cupcake. Spread or pipe lemon frosting on top.
Optional: Sprinkle about ½ tbsp of granulated sugar + ½ tbsp infused sugar over 3-4 ounces of fresh blueberries to top your cupcakes