Infused with olive oil, this recipe brings together some of my favorite fall ingredients to create the perfect side dish. You could also serve it with a protein-packed grain like quinoa for a balanced meal. Sweet, savory, and full of texture, you’ll still be craving this dish long after winter’s over!
Ready in 50 minutes
- 1 small-medium sized butternut squash
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½-1 C fresh cranberries (frozen will work too)
- ½ C pecan halves
THC infused dressing
- 3 Tbsp infused olive oil (about 150mg)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375. Peel and cut butternut squash in half, remove seeds and cut into ½” cubes. Cut the ends off brussel sprouts and cut in half.
- Toss brussel sprouts and butternut squash in olive oil, spread them out on a sheet pan, sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them and bake for 30 minutes.
- While veggies are in the oven, make your cannabis infused dressing. Add infused olive oil, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar to a small bowl and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and turn temperature up to 450. Sprinkle cranberries and pecans over the veggies, drizzle about ⅔ of the dressing on top. Use a spatula to toss, then return to oven for 5-10 minutes, until veggies are soft and cranberries have started to pop.
- Remove pan from oven, drizzle remaining dressing over the dish and serve.
Brussel sprout halves should be slightly larger than butternut squash to ensure even cooking.
Cutting the brussel sprouts in half combined with adding vinegar and maple syrup to the dressing takes away the bitter taste and makes them tender, savory and a little sweet.
If you can’t find them fresh, dried cranberries will also work for this recipe.