This salad is one of my favorite dishes on a hot summer day or when I am craving something crunchy when the munchies hit. Jam-packed with dense nutrients such as healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals you won’t expect a sluggish feeling after indulging in a bowl of this delicious salad!
Celery works well as a salad base due to its numerous health benefits including its anti-inflammatory properties, anti-microbial benefits, while providing hydration to vital organs through improved digestion.
Serving Size: 1
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 3 Dates or 2 tablespoons dried fruit of choice
- 12 Almonds
- 2 Teaspoons Medicated Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes to Taste
- Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes (not necessary with other dried fruit)
- Chop celery into bite-size pieces
- Coarsely chop almonds
- Chop dates once softened
- Toast almonds on medium to low heat for 7-10 minutes depending on personal toasting preference
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, toss gently.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator 10 minutes
Deliciousness brought to you by Amy Lee
Originally published in Herbage Magazine