During the winter months it is always hard to stay motivated to eat healthy due to the lack of fresh options to throw in a salad. This recipe is one of my favorite fall to winter salads that never disappoints. Full of sweet earthiness, it celebrates the years work and harvest. Not only do you get all of that flavor, but you have a nice medicated vinaigrette that makes this dish an experience instead of just dinner. Enjoy!!!
- 1 bag of Arugula
- 3 large beets (2 red one golden)
- 1 cup Feta
- 1 cup Spicy Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Sliced Red Onion
- 2 Mandarin Oranges
- 1/2 Cup Local Honey
- 3 cups Red Wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic
- 1 cup Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoons Brown Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- Set oven at 375 degrees. Take red wine vinegar, add three cups of water, a table spoon of salt and a table spoon of sugar into a 4 inch baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake until fork tender all the way through (use a cake tester). Once cooked, peel while hot buy rubbing skin off with towel (use a towel you want to throw away because it will be dyed). Once peeled place in fridge to cool. Once cooled dice and place them back into the container.
- Add olive oil, white balsamic, apple cider, clove of garlic, shallot, brown mustard, and honey (leaving enough for garnish) to a food processor. Blend until ingredients bind together to make a vinaigrette. Place in container and then into fridge to cool. If your vinaigrette breaks you can put it back into the blender and add soy lecithin which will bind the dressing together.
- Use Vinaigrette to dress arugula in a bowl. Add ingredients to dressed greens and mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste and plate!!