With spring right around the corner and who knows, we might actually get to have cookouts this year, I decided to share my medicated Coleslaw recipe. Now, there are a lot of ways to do this, but I really like the fun slaw methods. One of my favorites is a Hawaiian slaw that always is a hit, especially at a Pig Roast or Luau. This slaw has got the traditional ingredients of cabbage and carrots, but it’s bumped up a notch into tropical nirvana with the addition of fresh pineapple chunks, black sesame seeds, and a ginger-soy lime vinaigrette.
This Hawaiian style coleslaw is super healthy too – which helps in the being bikini-ready department, as well as, taking you to “Flavor Island.” My favorite part is that it goes well with so many different proteins; sausages, chicken, pork this might become your new go-to summer slaw!! So let’s cross our fingers and hope 2021 brings back spring and summer BBQs because we could use them!!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage(packed)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (packed)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (packed)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced )
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon medicate honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mediated olive oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Combine cabbages, carrots, pineapple, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and lime juice to a mason jar, shake well to combine, and pour over the slaw. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before eating. Garnish with black sesame seeds.